Saturday, September 9, 2006

Remembering Christ

One of the major reasons of my trip to the Philippines was to bring cash donations from good-hearted people in San Bernardino, CA to Our Lady of Fatima K of C Council 9636 in Las Pinas.  At my retirement party on June 10, 2006, well-wishers wrote checks in favor of Our Lady of Fatima 9636 for my favorite charity - the social amelioration projects for the Manggahan district squatters in Las Pinas City.  My own K of C Council 4488 and other personal friends also made cash donations.

I brought with me $2,687 to fund the following projects and bring hope to the less privileged children of God: (1) Funding of the catechism class for some 200 children, (2) Cleaning/Clothing/Feeding the street children of Las Pinas who are as young as 4 years old, (3) Fumigation to eradicate dengue fever-carrying mosquitoes, (4) TESDA skills training of the squatters for them to acquire employability or gainful skills and (5) Relief goods to national penitentiary prisoners who come from far-flung provinces and incarcerated in overcrowded jails.

The pictures you see above were taken during a catechism class and a feeding of the children.  The catechism class is held every Sunday afternoon at 3:00-5:00.  Feeding the children occurs every Friday morning.

As a steward of God's gifts, I am fully committed to carrying out these projects as my mission in life.  I hope and pray that my friends will join me in sharing their own gifts.  These projects can only be sustained if good hearted people will support them with donations written in favor of Our Lady of Fatima 9636.  It is this organization that manages these projects.

Vivat Jesus!

No comments: